Irrespective of whether you’re on the lookout for an aviation job in the UK or in the middle east, jobs in aviation are often hailed as one of the most desirable career choices. Becoming a pilot in particular is one of those ‘dream jobs’ that is on the list of many young boys and girls. But the reality is, that very few people make the grade to be accepted on the training and even when they are, a few don’t make it to the end. So if you’re doing the pilot recruitment circuit right now, it means that you’ve made the grade and ‘Well done you!’.
Here are just 10 of the things about being a pilot that we believe are so great:
- Flying. For any pilot, the best thing about your job has to be flying. The magic mix of art and science alongside the control involved in keeping yourself, your colleagues and your passengers safe as well as the satisfaction of doing it all to the best of your ability every time is just phenomenal. And of course there’s the views!
- Passion. Face it, when you choose to become a pilot, you do so because you’re filled with passion for flying. Ask any airline pilot, no matter where in the world they’re based “why did you become a pilot?” and the answer will always be a passionate rendition about a love of travel, the desire to be part of an élite group and the desire to do a job that calls for being ‘on the ball the whole time’. The list is endless, but behind every reason there’s passion. There’s a burning desire to do a job and do it to the best of your ability, day in, day out.
- Pay. While rates of pay vary significantly airline to airline and depend on whether you’re at the start of your pilot career or are more advanced, there’s no getting away from the fact that you can expect a good level of pay.
- Places. If you like to travel, then being a pilot you’ll get to do a whole lot of what you like! Where your job will take you will depend on your role and remit, but no matter whether your patch is domestic or international, you’ll get the chance to enjoy time in many different places.
- People. The vast majority of people involved in the aviation industry, whether they’re involved in aircraft maintenance, aircraft engineers’ jobs, pilots or ground crew are working in the industry because it intrigues them and they love it. What this means is that when you choose to become a pilot, you’re likely to be surrounded by people who are happy in their work. Add to this the fact that passengers (generally) are happy to be travelling and all of this makes for a pretty cool working environment.
- Lifestyle. Steeped in glamour, romance and stardom, there’s ‘something about’ being a pilot. While the reality mightn’t always be as glamorous as non-aviation industry people think it is, there’s no getting away from the fact that the job has some truly great elements to it.
- Limits. Unlike many other jobs of similar standing, generally speaking as a pilot, when you’re off duty, you’re off duty and that’s great news for you, for your family and for the other things you want to do in your life.
If you’re on the lookout for an aviation job, why not upload your CV today to get headhunted by top airlines and aviation companies as well as receiving job alerts that tell you when new jobs that match your criteria are posted on our site?
In order to stay up to date with what’s happening at AviationMatch, why not follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or save this page as a favourite so you can keep your finger firmly on the pulse of what’s happening on the aviation job front?