No matter where in the world you’re situated, if you’re on the hunt for your next aviation job, the likelihood is that you’ve got your sights on the UK for at least part of your search – and for very good reason. The UK is a great place to launch your next airline job search. With a whole host of aviation jobs, pilot jobs, aviation careers, aviation maintenance and management jobs as well as engineering jobs on offer, there are any number of good reasons for focusing your search on the UK airlines. In this article, we’ll share our Top 5 UK airlines to work for. Please feel free to share your own experiences, because we love to hear what you think.
Here’s our Top 5 for now…
- British Airways. Not surprisingly this quintessentially British airline has a whole host of airline jobs on offer. Employing over 40,000 people in all kinds of roles and business areas, once again, this is a company with their sights set on getting the best from their people. An innovative company, British Airways is constantly on the lookout for candidates, no matter whether they’re recently graduated aviation engineers or experienced airline pilots or experts in aviation management. Offering similar benefits to the likes of Virgin, British Airways really does deserve a place on your top UK airlines to work for.
- Virgin Atlantic. Led by a highly charismatic and globally recognised man, it’s easy to see why Virgin Atlantic is such a hot choice when it comes to airline and aviation jobs. Really focused on his people, there’s no getting away from the fact that the culture of this company is one of its biggest assets. No matter whether you’re looking to pilot one of his planes, work as an aircraft engineer, cabin crew, ground staff or get into aviation management, there are some superb opportunities to be had at Virgin. In terms of benefits, the list is pretty impressive too. With up to seven concessionary standby flights a year offered to full time employees, we can see why this company boasts working hard and playing hard as one of their core values. Beyond this, they also offer a group personal pension plan, life assurance benefits, income protection, profit share, private medical plan options, bike for work solutions, childcare vouchers, holiday purchase, season ticket loans and a staff store, salon and gym. While many of these benefits are offered in exchange for income, they are still creative ways to get round big tax bills and make your life a whole lot easier.
- easyJet. Describing themselves as the “Orange Spirit”, there’s a whole lot more to easyJet than you might at first imagine. A company that’s energetic and open to challenges, if you’re ambitious and forward looking, it’s well worth having this company on your aviation career radar. With their recruitment neatly categorised into aviation pilot opportunities, cabin crew vacancies, central team roles, aircraft engineering and maintenance as well as aviation industry graduate and apprentice positions, you know exactly what’s on offer at all times with easyJet. Their comprehensive reward package, together with their reduced price flights, holidays and car hire are welcome elements, but it’s their training and development that attracts many people to this company.
- Jet2.com. Jet2.com and Jet2holidays again offer aviation careers in the UK ranging from ground operations through engineering to cabin crew and pilots. Part of the Dart Group PLC, jet2 shares in a success story that goes back more than 40 years. Focused on offering their own scheduled services as well as chartered flights for other airlines, jet2 is also involved in cargo only flights. Operating from a base that spans 7 UK locations as well as Alicante, jet2 is an interesting aviation career option that offers significant benefits as well as a comprehensive training system for pilots. With the news that they plan significant growth over the next couple of years, this is a company well worth watching.
- Monarch Airlines. A company including Monarch, Monarch Aircraft Engineering, Monarch Holidays and Monarch Hotels, Monarch Airlines is a people-focused organisation that embraces innovation and challenge as well as offering flexible and attractive packages. With a range of airline career opportunities on the ground and at altitude, Monarch Airlines is another UK based aviation choice that we believe is worthy of inclusion in your aviation job hunting list.
If you’re on the lookout for an aviation job, why not upload your CV today to get headhunted by top airlines and aviation companies as well as receiving job alerts that tell you when new jobs that match your criteria are posted on our site?
In order to stay up to date with what’s happening at AviationMatch, why not follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or save this page as a favourite so you can keep your finger firmly on the pulse of what’s happening on the aviation job front?