General Manager - London Airports
Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by a leading Aircraft Component Repair and Overhaul Organisation to source a General Manager on a permanent basis for their facility based in the London Airports Region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Reporting to The Managing Director you will be responsible for the day to day leadership of the business and ensuring the corporate strategy is followed and creating all appropriate structures and processes.
• You will drive sales and revenue growth, building a comprehensive pipeline of orders, developing brand awareness and promoting a responsive, customer focused approach to business management.
• Act as the most local senior point of contact with customers, including major international firms in the aerospace sector.
• Increase the quality and delivery performance from the operation in conjunction with efficiency cost reductions, as well as pursuing initiatives that will better utilise the installed capacity.
• Identify all opportunities for leaning out costs, implementing consistent procedures to prevent the backlog of orders, improve performance and create an increased sense of urgency, pulling together people, systems and departments to enhance service to customers.
• Assuming ultimate responsibility for the management of the company’s employees. To initiate workforce skills training programmes so as to ensure that staff capabilities meet future business needs and to lead any associated company restructuring that may be required.
• Creating a culture of engagement, involvement and continuous improvement and a “right first time” approach that drives effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, to challenge existing practices, enhance workforce communication, identify projects that reduce costs and enhance product quality standards.
• Work closely with the MD to develop and implement strategies for the business, including long term planning, produce and meet well-reasoned and robust business forecasts.
• Ensuring that customer’s orders and contracts are fully met in accordance with the specification and are within the Scope of Approvals.
• Ensuring that each contract is commercially sound and has been agreed by the Managing Director and that the requirements of the contract are carried out accordingly.
• Remaining conversant and aware of industry trends and all pertinent regulations affecting the business.
• Implementing the Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies within the organisation, and conducting a regular review of the organisational compliance with these policies, to secure and continuing system of improvement.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• A strong operationally focus with proven enhanced leadership, staff management & development skills.
• Technically astute and product focused, with experience in production management and lean principles.
• “Hands on” experience of implementing change management, working with and understanding the needs of a demanding customer base.
• Strong understanding of the principles of “good customer service; also experience of implementing robust procedures to identify customer needs, enhance quality, better understand capability and improve lead times.
• IT literate with highly developed planning and organisational skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, able to ask probing and difficult questions, articulate views crisply and convincingly.
• High level of self-motivation combined with personal credibility, strong negotiation skills, professionalism and influencing skills.
• Able to identify and take action to improve business effectiveness by fundamentally reviewing the way things are done and bringing about changes that deliver better bottom-line performance.
• Capable of understanding the operational requirements and the cultural issues/needs of the individual business units.
• Possess the drive and have passion to influence those around you; be results orientated and a natural problem solver.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to email@example.com in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone 01483 332000
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.