Aviation Safety & Certification Engineer
** Aviation Safety & Certification Engineer **
Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit an Iris Aviation Safety & Certification Engineer to join a reputable aerospace client on a permanent basis in London.
There is a competitive package on offer.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- You will be Responsible for production, maintenance and implementation of the Product Assurance & Safety plan, Certification plan and the Configuration Management plan
- Development and management of SMS implementation plans, including software safety assurance.
- Lead all certification activities with safety oversight organizations
- Lead specific work packages in the project related to system declaration of conformance to safety security and performance requirements
- Provide an overall Quality Assurance, Certification and Configuration Management function within the Programme,
- Conduct Safety Risk Model (SRM) hazard analysis and risk assessment activities
- Conducts design validation and certification reviews
- Generate safety documentation and supporting data.
- Escalation of any certification issues to your manager
- Evaluating suppliers' proposals, plans, specifications, analyses and records
- Collecting, evaluating and disseminating quality-related information
To be considered for the role you must:
- Technical background in telecommunications and/or satellite telecommunications
- Background in the air traffic management and air traffic surveillance technology area, especially with respect to Product Assurance, Quality Assurance and Safety Issues
- Experience of undertaking hazard analysis and the application of Risk Management Techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team both internally and externally
- Knowledge of aviation communication systems
- Broad experience and knowledge of data, systems, technology and security architecture.
- Knowledge of Communication security risk assessment and architecture definition
- Experience of technical integration projects / programmes
- Able to travel internationally
- Proactive communicator with solid written and verbal skills
- Proven competence in delivering successful communications or information technology programmes in a complex business / technical environment
- Knowledge of EASA Reg (EU) 1035/2011 and ICAO safety requirements (Doc 9859)
- Knowledge on cyber security
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 procedures and implementation
- Detailed understanding of SMS components/elements
- Knowledge of Aviation equipment installation and certification processes
- Knowledge of satellite communications
- Experience of managing Testing and Acceptance projects
- Knowledge of configuration or security management, quality auditing experience or assessor certification would be added assets.
- In addition, applicants should have good analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and an interest in innovative technologies.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.