Spacecraft Analyst - (Operations Engineer)
** Spacecraft Analyst (Spacecraft Operations Engineer) **
Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit a Spacecraft Analyst to join a reputable aerospace client based in London.
As the successful candidate, you will be in a position of responsibility performing the on-station engineering operations for current and future fleets of satellites.
As the Spacecraft Analyst, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To define, plan and execute operations to manage the satellite configurations to maintain their health, safety and function.
- To assess and report on satellite health and performance by daily monitoring of their status and monitoring of long-term trends in behavior of on-board units.
- To respond to satellite contingency situations by assessing satellite status, identifying the remedial response and directing recovery operations.
- To maintain satellite telemetry and telecommand databases, including alarm limits, to support safe and efficient operations. To maintain the routine and contingency satellite control procedures and validate updates against the satellite simulator.
- To develop and maintain the reference data sets and software tools required by the Spacecraft Analysis Group to perform the satellite health and performance monitoring, operations planning, checking and reporting to ensure early detection of problems.
- To work on new satellite programmes on operations development and validation and to support the Space Segment Procurement team with programme reviews.
- To respond positively to any other requests that help achieve Inmarsat’s goals.
To be considered for the role of Spacecraft Analyst:
- Science or Engineering university degree or equivalent qualifications (min. 3 years).
- Experience in a satellite operations environment.
- Knowledge of design and operations of spacecraft subsystems, such as Power, Thermal, Attitude Control, TTC and Payload subsystems.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent analytical skills resulting in clear and concise explanations of observations and anomalies.
- Good PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office programs.
- Experience of working with one or more of the following spacecraft platforms: Boeing 702, Airbus E3000, TAS Spacebus 4000, Lockheed Martin Series 4000.
- Experience of working with spacecraft manufacturers and satellite engineering support teams for the specification, development and implementation of satellite specific operations for at least one previous geo-synchronous satellite project.
- Knowledge of the satellite design, build and AIT process.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic, Python, R) to achieve data analysis and data manipulation for trending, anomaly analysis and reporting and for developing and enhancing tools for aiding Analyst processes.
- An on-call roster is in place and you must be able to provide on-call support during evenings and weekends
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Spacecraft Analyst - (Operations Engineer)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly